CASSAVA CAKE is one of the EASY Filipino desserts. This video is how to make EASY CASSAVA CAKE. This is the BEST CASSAVA CAKE recipe because it is an easy recipe with soft and CREAMY custard topping. This recipe is served at parties and special occasions.
1 pack (16 oz) frozen grated cassava, thawed
1/2 can coconut milk
1/2 can condensed milk
1/2 can evaporated milk
2 tbsp melted butter
1/4 cup sugar (optional)
For the topping:
1 egg yolk
½ can coconut milk
½ can condensed milk
Preheat oven at 350° F
- Prepare a baking pan and grease with butter.
- Combine the cassava, coconut milk, condensed milk and evaporated milk in a mixing bowl. Mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Transfer to the baking pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the top of the cassava is dry and lightly cooked.
- To make the topping, in a separate bowl, combine the egg yolk, coconut milk and condensed milk. Mix all ingredients until well-combined.
- Remove the cassava cake from the oven. Pour in evenly to the top of the baked cassava.
- Return the cassava in the oven and bake for another 15-25 minutes until the topping is set and is fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before cutting into serving pieces.
Serve warm. Enjoy!