This video is how to cook CRISPY LECHON KAWALI. This recipe is an AIR FRYER EASY PORK BELLY. This pork belly recipe is a Super Crispy Lechon Kawali. LECHON KAWALI is a popular Filipino dish made with pork belly. The pork belly is simmered until tender then deep-fried until the exterior is crispy and crunchy leaving the meat juicy and tender.
8 cups of water or enough to submerge the pork belly
1 whole garlic
1 medium-sized onion
3 pcs dried bay leaves
1 tsp peppercorn
- In a pot over medium heat, combine pork belly, garlic, salt, peppercorns, bay leaves, and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and continue to simmer for 1 hour until the meat is tender.
- Wipe the pork belly with a paper towel to dry. Place on a rack and punch through the skin. This method will help to ensure the crunchiness of the pork belly. Rub some salt to the skin and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight to completely cool and dry.
- Set the air fryer to 350F for 30-40 minutes until the skin is golden brown.
- Set the air fryer this time to a higher temperature 390F for 20-30 minutes or until the skin is crispy and crunchy.
- Set the pork belly to a wire rack and let it rest for 5 minutes before cutting into the serving pieces. Serve with lechon sauce or any dip of your choice. Enjoy!
If you like our videos, please hit the like button, leave a nice comment, subscribe to our YouTube channel so you don’t get missed on our weekly post. We share food videos once a week every Monday.
Follow us on social media:
#crispyporkbelly #porkbelly #roastporkbelly #bestporkbelly #airfryer #airfryerrecipes #texaspinoykitchen